Welcome to our website www.alessi.com (hereinafter, the “Site”).
For ALESSI USA INC, 141 West 36th Street - 16th Fl - NY 10018 - NEW YORK - Corporate Registration Number 52 211 2667 (ALESSI) your privacy and the security of your personal data are very important. That is why we collect and manage your personal data with the utmost attention and adopt specific measures to safely store it.
Below you will find key information about how your personal data is processed when you navigate through the Site and use the services offered.
The Site is managed by ALESSI which acts as controller for all activities related to the online sale on this Site, such as the signing and performance of the contract; payment; invoice issuance; product shipping; any management of the right of withdrawal, return, and the legal guaranties; the control and prevention of fraud and abusive behaviors; registration on the Site and the use of services reserved for registered users.
WHAT DATA DO WE PROCESS
We process various types of personal data concerning you, including:
- your identification information (such as first and last name), your contact details (such as email address and telephone number), shipping address and billing address, payment information (such as the method of payment used, cardholder, card number used);
- if you register on the Site, this includes your identification information, your email address, and your password, as well as the data needed to provide you with services that are reserved for registered users;
- your identification and contact information are also used by ALESSI to manage any requests you may have for information relating to the ALESSI products, as well as to provide you with any service (that you have requested and that is offered through the Site);
- your geographic location, which is used with your consent by ALESSI for any service (that you have requested and that is offered through the Site) to find the ALESSI store closest to you;
- your identification and contact details may be processed when you give your consent to receive by phone, email, or any other means, marketing communications from or on behalf of ALESSI;
3. WHY DO WE PROCESS YOUR DATA AND ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS
3.1 PURPOSES RELATED TO THE ONLINE SALE OF PRODUCTS
We process your personal data for the online sale of ALESSI products and the relative activities connected thereto. In particular, to:
- enter into and perform a contract for the purchase on the Site of one or more products, for payment, product shipping, any management of the right of withdrawal, return, and the legal warranty. This processing is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (purchase and sale agreement). You must provide your personal data; otherwise you will not be able to make a purchase on the Site or manage any requests you may have regarding the right of withdrawal, return, and legal warranty, or to receive the dedicated customer service;
- customer care. Processing is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (provision of customer care). You must provide your personal data; otherwise you will be unable to receive the customer care you requested;
- the fulfillment of the legal obligations relating to the sales activity (such as, for example, issuing and storing the invoice). This processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which ALESSI is subject. It is thus mandatory that you provide your personal data; otherwise you will be unable to make a purchase on the Site;
- register on the Site or use the services that are reserved for registered users. This processing is necessary to perform a contract to which you are party (registration on the Site and the relative provision of services). It is mandatory that you provide your personal data; otherwise you will be unable to register on the Site and use the registered user services;
- prevention and suppression of fraud and abusive behaviors (including by third parties) that conflict with the current standards, the applicable contractual provisions, and the rules of correctness and good faith. The lawfulness of this processing is based on the legitimate interest of ALESSI to perform security activities and controls for the purpose of preventing and protecting against fraudulent activities and abusive behaviors. Upon your request, ALESSI will be able to provide you with detailed information about the aforementioned legitimate interest and the corresponding so-called balancing test.
2 MARKETING PURPOSES
With your consent, which is optional, ALESSI uses your personal data for marketing purposes. Indeed, ALESSI may send you promotions, commercial or advertising communications about its products, services, and events. The marketing activities may also include market research and surveys to determine your level of satisfaction and to conduct statistical analyses, including using aggregated anonymous data. The processing of your data is based on your voluntary consent, and providing your data is optional. However, without it, you will be unable to purchase our products online.
3.3 OTHER PURPOSES
Your personal data is processed by each controller, within their own area of authority, and also for:
- managing requests to exercise personal data protection rights. This processing is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which the data controller is subject;
WHO WILL PROCESS YOUR DATA
Duly informed personnel (employees and associates) of ALESSI, as well as third parties (providers and/or business partners) who were appropriately selected by the controllers and offer a suitable guarantee of compliance with personal data processing rules, may have access to your personal data. These third parties, based on an appropriate designation by the controllers (each of them with respect to their own area of authority) may conduct their activities as “data processors” (thus under the direct responsibility of the data controller who designated them: for example, Internet providers, companies specialized in IT and electronic services, customer care service companies, companies that perform marketing activities, companies specialized in market research and data processing, physical stores) or as “independent data controllers (for example, couriers and shippers, bank operators, independent professionals, or consulting, legal or tax assistance firms). Your personal data may also be disclosed to third parties, including in the following cases:
(i) when disclosure is required by the applicable laws and regulations for legitimate third party recipients of communications, such as public entities and authorities that process your data as independent controllers for the respective institutional purposes;
(ii) in case of extraordinary operations (for example mergers, acquisitions, disposal of business, etc.);
(iii) when you provide your consent to the companies of the Armani Group for independent marketing purposes.
Some of the parties indicated above may also be established outside the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), in countries that do not guaranty an adequate level of protection of personal data according to the standards established by the GDPR. ALESSI have adopted the necessary precautions to ensure a lawful transfer of data (in particular, through the use of the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission).
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We retain your personal data for a limited period of time, which is strictly related to the purpose for which it was collected, and in conformity with the applicable legal or regulatory obligations. At the end of the established retention period, your personal data will be deleted, or in any case irreversibly anonymized, unless ALESSI or ALESSI is required to retain the data for an additional period of time to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, or to exercise or defend a right in a judicial proceeding.
The retention period differs according to the purpose of the processing, in particular:
- for the online sale of products and the relative activities connected thereto, your personal data will be retained by ALESSI for the entire duration of the contractual relationship and for 10 (ten) years after the termination thereof;
- when ALESSI processes your data for personalized marketing, your data is retained for a period of 5 (five) years from the time you provide your consent for the aforementioned purposes;
- for general marketing activities, your data is retained by ALESSI until deletion is requested, consent revoked, or processing opposed; ALESSI furthermore wishes to protect your data and ensure that you wish to continue to receive its communications. Therefore, it deletes your data when 4 (four) years have elapsed since your last interaction with the ALESSI sphere, for example through purchases made at ALESSI stores or the Site, participation in ALESSI events or newsletters;
- to comply with legal obligations relating to personal data processing matters, your personal data will be processed by each controller, as concerns their specific area of authority, for the period needed to manage your request to exercise the rights recognized under the GDPR or to meet the legal obligation to which the data controller is subject. The data necessary to demonstrate compliance with the legal obligations to which the controller is subject shall be retained for 10 (ten) years;
- in case of a legal or administrative dispute, your data shall be retained for the time needed for ALESSI to seek legal protection of a right, or within the limits imposed by the legal or administrative authority.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
You may contact ALESSI at any time in particular:
- to obtain confirmation of whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if it is, to obtain access to or a copy of such personal data (“right of access”);
- correction of your personal data, i.e. to obtain the correction, modification, or updating of any data that is inaccurate or no longer correct, as well as to supplement incomplete personal data, including by providing a supplementary declaration (“right of rectification”);
- to revoke your consent (“right to revoke consent”): you may revoke the consent you have given to process your personal data at any time, including in relation to any activity whatsoever with a marketing purpose, including profiling. To that end, we remind you that marketing activities are considered to be the sending of commercial and advertising communications, the completion of market research and surveys to determine level of satisfaction, and the personalization of commercial offers based on your interests. Once your request has been received, the controller will be responsible for stopping the processing of your personal data that was based on such consent, while different instances of processing, or processing based on other requirements, will continue to be performed in full compliance with the current provisions;
- to request the deletion of your personal data when such data, in particular, (i) is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or processed, or (ii) was unlawfully processed, or (iii) must be deleted to perform a legal obligation, or, lastly, (iv) you have opposed such processing (see below “right to object”) and there is no prevailing legitimate reason that would allow the controller to nevertheless proceed with the processing (“right to erasure” or “right to be forgotten”);
- to obtain a limitation on the processing of your personal data, i.e. that the controller retains such data, but without being able to use it, save for any requests or exceptions prescribed by law. This right may only be exercised when, in particular (i) you object to the accuracy of the personal data, for the period needed for the controller to verify the accuracy of such personal data, or (ii) the processing of data is unlawful and you ask to limit its use, instead of deleting it, or (iii) even though the controller no longer needs it for processing purposes, you require the personal data to assess, exercise, or defend a right in a legal proceeding, or (iv) you have opposed its processing (see below “right to object”), while awaiting a verification as to any legitimate grounds of the controller that prevail over those of the data subject (right to restriction);
- to request your data or transfer it to a party other than the controller (“right to data portability”). You may ask to receive the data we process based on your consent or based on a contract entered with you, in a form that is structured, commonly used, and readable on an automatic device. If you so desire, where technically possible, we may, upon your request, transfer your data directly to a third party you indicate;
- submit a claim to one of the competent supervisory authorities on compliance with the personal data protection standards, if you believe that your data was unlawfully processed (“right to submit a claim”).
Furthermore, as a data subject, you also have the “right to object”, i.e.:
- object at any time, for reasons related to your specific situation, to the processing of your personal data for the purpose of a legitimate interest of the controller or for marketing purposes, including profiling. The controller shall refrain from further processing your personal data, unless it demonstrates that there are compelling, legitimate reasons to proceed with the processing that prevail over the interests, rights, and freedoms of the data subject, or to assess, exercise, or defend a right in judicial proceedings.
To ensure full respect of the rights described above, and that our users’ data is not unlawfully accessed or violated by third parties, prior to accepting a request from you to exercise one of the rights indicated, we may ask you for certain information to confirm your identity or clarify the request made.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section applies solely to the Californian consumers’ personal information processing (excluding our employees, applicants, staff and contractors). This section is intended to address the relevant notice requirements of the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”), and uses certain terms having the meaning given in the CCPA.
- Your information, sources and purposes: please refer to the sections above explaining what data we collect , how we use the personal data and the cookie collected for a description of the personal information we may collect about you (or have collected in the preceding 12 months) and the sources of such information (such as directly from you and your device or through certain third parties). These also describe the purposes for which we may use or have used such information.
- Selling your information: we have not sold personal information in exchange for monetary compensation. We may allow certain third parties (such as certain advertising partners) to collect your personal information via automated technologies on our platforms in an effort to serve you content and advertisements that may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of this disclosure of your information, as described in the cookie section.
- Your rights: subject to exceptions under applicable law, you may have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below:
- Access: you have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you during the past 12 months and details regarding our collection, use, disclosure of such information.
- Deletion: you have the right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
- Opt-Out: You have the right to manage the activation of the cookies as described in the cookie section.
- No discrimination: If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right to not receive discriminatory treatment by us.
- Personal, family and household clients: In addition, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, if you are a California resident and your business relationship with us is primarily for personal, family or household purposes, you may request certain data regarding our disclosure, if any, of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail message to our e-mail address below with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line. You may make such a request up to once per calendar year. If applicable, we will provide you, by e-mail, a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the third parties’ names and addresses. Please note that not all personal information sharing is covered by Section 1798.83’s requirements.